Ways to Engage
- AdNet 2019 Conference – Sunday, April 7 – Wednesday, April 10, 2019 – New Orleans, LA
On behalf of the Advancement Network we were excited to host the AdNet 2017 Conference in Memphis, Tennessee. The conference included rich programming, dynamic speakers, and an abundance of networking opportunities. The numerous breakout sessions included topics that focus on business growth and leveraged the extensive industry expertise that we have in our field. To find out more, visit the AdNet Members Only Section.
Webinar Title: Technology 101 – What’s Out There and What is Working (or Not Working)
Webinar Date & Time: Thursday, November 15 from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM ET
Webinar Overview: Many of us are constantly looking for ways that technology can support our work to grow our community foundations and engage with our donors. This webinar introduces the primary platforms and systems being used in the community foundation field today and may help you evaluate your current choices and other options that exist. This webinar is designed for both FAOG and AdNet members.
Three learning objectives for the webinar
- Share general information on the primary technology systems for donor services and development that exist in the marketplace for community foundations
- Learn about some of the strengths and weaknesses of these different systems/programs
- Hear from community foundation peers about why they selected the systems they picked and how they are working
Registration Link: Must be a current member to participate.
Facilitator: Jodi Spataro, Chief Advancement Officer, Community Foundation of Elkhart County. Jodi and her team work with generous individuals and families to help them achieve their philanthropic aims and to connect them with causes aligned to their charitable passions. She joined the foundation in 2005 and now oversees its development, donor services, marketing & communications, and professional advisors outreach. She has spent more than 20 years in nonprofit administration. Jodi currently serves on the AdNet board of director and most recently co-chaired the 2018 CF United Conference.
- Richard Myers, President, Foundation Information Systems (FiS). Since 1985, Dick has consulted with private and community foundations as well as vendors of non-profit foundation software products. His work includes design and deployment of foundation software products, design of technology infrastructure and managing technology projects. Myers’ consulting work has assisted foundations with their development and execution of effective strategic plans for cost effective technology implementation policies. Some of his foundation industry activities include founding and consulting to the MicroEdge FIMS User Group Executive Committee from 2000-2007, the Fusion Labs Special Interest Group since 2007 and the Blackbaud/Fusion Labs User Forums in 2010. He was also a founding member of Community Foundation Information Technology group. FIS has supported and participated the technology efforts of Fiscal and Administrative Offices Group (FAOG) of community foundations since 2008.