AdNet 2019 Call for Sessions
Interested in Speaking?
THE CALL FOR SESSIONS IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED SESSION IDEAS!
The goal of the AdNet 2019 Conference is to present a broadly-based program that speaks to the idea of embracing change in the world of community foundations. Our goal is to examine how innovation, sharing and other techniques are affecting change within community foundations. And in a broader sense, the conference will examine what the future of philanthropy will look like. We are looking for sessions that address this theme and speak to the wide range of attendees with a balance of professional development, inspiring new ideas and ways of thinking, and providing educational benefit. AdNet represents a wide variety of community foundations from across the US and as such, we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We urge proposers to use the conference sessions as an opportunity to include new voices and offer diverse viewpoints.
As you prepare you session submission here some helpful guidelines and tips:
- Looking for inspiration for submissions? Please click here to see session topics the AdNet Conference Committee has in mind for this year’s conference.
- In filling out the call for sessions proposal, there is information for each question available here.
- We encourage you to read the Session FAQ. It explains the review process and offers information and guidance on what the reviewers and the Conference Committee consider in the proposal process.
- Because of the information necessary to complete the form, we strongly recommend that you download a copy of the form so that you may review and prepare to fill out the online submission.
- All proposals must be submitted online.
- If you have difficulty with the online submission process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
All session submissions are peer-reviewed by the Conference Committee. Conference Committee reviewers comment on the overall quality of the proposal and considers these things:
- Is the topic timely? Does it reflect current discussions in the field?
- Is there new information being presented?
- Is there an effort to bring in new voices on the subject?
- How broad an audience does this topic speak to?
- Has the topic been discussed already or been repeated frequently?
- Is there a speaker outlined that is crucial to the success of the panel?
- If a single presenter, does the proposal outline a clear perspective?
- If a panel presentation, is a balanced point of view presented or are there other areas to be consider
After you submit your proposal online you will be automatically sent a receipt letter. If your submission is incomplete or if there are questions about your submission, you will be contacted within a few days indicating that either the proposal is complete or additional information is needed. The committee plans to make final decisions about session proposals by the beginning of November and will notify you then of the outcome.
If your session is selected, the AdNet conference management team, ARB Meetings, will reach out to you through the rest of the process, including working with you on deadlines, final abstracts, and scheduling.
THE CALL FOR SESSIONS IS NOW CLOSED.